Thursday, July 31, 2014

30.07.14

My day started with a crazy banana coffee on the edge of the Mekong. The place was incredible. They had a platform for yoga which had an amazing outlook, and another sheltered one with couches and little bed things. What a way to embrace the day! 

I had my feet nibbled by tiny little fishes today. It felt so weird but so good! When I took them out they still needed a bit more loving so I asked for a foot scrub. The girl spoke no English but we communicated in smiles. She really earned her money because my feet were so tough. I think she was quite surprised. It felt amazing though and my feet are now so soft!

After Dani got off work we made a spontaneous decision to take a boat to the other side of the Mekong. A man offered us a good price so we followed him down some dodgy steps to his boat. I had my doubts before we got in and watched him try to start the motor. It took about ten tries and some going back and forth before it caught. Off we went to the other side where a whole bunch of stairs awaited us. 

We made it to the top, puddles of sweat, and looked around the rundown temple. It had an amazing view of the other side of the river though and was well worth it. 




Eaten alive









Dinner of a juicy bamboo shoot stuffed with minced pork, deep fried.

No comments:

Post a Comment