Saturday, August 23, 2014

22.08.14

We arrived to a cosy Daegu. The heat wrapped around us like a blanket and it felt like 'home'. We found our odd little hotel. The red light and double bath leads me to believe that its not the most normal of hotels, but we enjoyed the mismatched wallpaper for sure.

I was so happy to introduce Mum to my friends tonight. I've been waiting a year and a half to do it. Showing her around Daegu feels a lot more comfortable than Seoul. There's much less to see and I know exactly where I'm going.

We ate dinner at Mies and all received our high-fives. It went down a treat with Mum and the ladies. there was much chatting and they were a hoot. I've got such amazing friends.

After dinner we took my somewhat wary mother to Gogo's for bag drinks. I forgot to ask them to make her's a little less potent, but it turned out she loved it and refused many times to let me get more milk in it. We walked to the park and had some yarns while we watched two little kids chase a toy car around.

Of course, we couldn't leave it at that without experiencing the noraebang. Mum made it through, but I'm pretty sure we tuckered her out completely. She was dancing and singing like a good thing. It was a happy occasion.
My beloved Daegs.





Friendship.

Uh oh. Mum resting her spinning head. I said she needed more milk!




No comments:

Post a Comment