Tuesday, September 16, 2014

15.09.14

I've been challenged by Hannah to find three things to be grateful for each day for five days. It was on Facebook, but I thought it'd tie in better here. It's basically an extension of what I'm already doing. Perhaps it'll help me get back to the heart of it instead of just documenting my life.

Today I am grateful for:
1. Time with God. It's crazy that he would want to spend time with us, but then it's making so much sense lately because surely you've got to put time into any relationship for it to grow. If this is the most important relationship I will ever have, surely I should put more effort in. And God's just sitting there waiting for me to make some time for him. He's so patient with me.

2. Technology. I can keep in touch with friends via text, which is kinda like being just down the road even though we are millions of miles away. I can see my family's faces through a screen, and even though it's not the same as actually being there, it certainly beats not being able to. Imagine if letters were the only kind of correspondence!?

3. Democracy. As much as I hate the current NZ government, I have a tiny bit of power to do something about it. I exercised my rights today and voted at the embassy. It still feels amazing because I know that there are so many places and people that don't have the same freedom. I'm very privileged. Therefore, I think if you don't vote, you're a wally and you're never allowed to criticize the government because you gave up your chance to make it different.

This door was futuristic. It sealed shut and I had no escape!


No comments:

Post a Comment