Sunday, October 19, 2014

18.10.14

I helped at a kids programme at church today while the parents were being rewarded for serving. There were some very cute little ones and I even got to hold a baby!

All that didn't make me really want to do kid's ministry again too fast. It's so tiring! But it was nice to be good at it. They made some awesome crafts. The kaleidoscopes were the best part of the day. I kinda wanted one.

Afterwards I met up with Claire who was attending Servant's Day and we were about to go home but then decided to have some tea and coffee, and then we decided to go and watch the rugby at the Kiwi Bar.

I know it's not really my thing, but it was incredibly fun to be surrounded by Tui-chugging Kiwis screaming and cheering. Actually, after Googling the rules, Claire got very into it and a lot of the screaming was coming from her. It was quite cute.

It was a good game to watch though. It all changed in the last 2 minutes. Nail-biter indeed!

I think the whole atmosphere, lamb dinner, and wine helped it along too. We made some new friends at the table and then Jo, Emily's cousin came and hung out.

We met some of her friends too and played a very tame drinking game with Tui bottle cap questions. It was hilarious and so NZ-related.







No comments:

Post a Comment