Monday, October 20, 2014

19.10.14

Today has been very refreshing. It was one of the best days I've had in a good while. I feel like I say that often, but I swear this was a real highlight.

It started with an impromptu brunch with Keke and Mariyah, two people I wish I could see more of. I always feel better in mind and soul at the end of a date with them. Of course, the food wasn't bad either. But really. It was like I was letting out a big sigh of relief afterwards.

Going to different churches makes it difficult to hang out with them as often as I'd like. But as annoying as that is, I couldn't give up Jubilee for anything. Today was another cementer of that.

I've never heard a message like it from the pulpit. When I discovered it was on gender, I was very apprehensive. I've never listened to one that didn't make me cringe. There's too much of telling men and women 'how they are' in the church. I don't think gender is so rigid like that.

Anyway, it was quite emotional to say the least. I was challenged and encouraged to hear a pastor affirm women without and patronising. I look to my future and wonder what I can be. One of the main things that holds me back is my gender. Can I really do that? Aren't men just better at it? Would a woman in that role be respected?

I'm calling BS on all that nonsense! And I think the Church has been involved in oppression games for too long. I've certainly felt it.

Listen to it here if you're interested. Highly recommend. It's the one called "Invaluable, BOTH Male and Female".



Proud moment: I took apart my laptop with cuticle cutters and a knife so I could plug the battery connector back in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment