Saturday, November 1, 2014

31.10.14

I have been anticipating this day for over a year. I had been picturing the perfect costume ever since seeing The Royal Tenenbaums for the first time in my Daegu apartment with Dani. I was born to be Margot.

Although my hair has grown since then and I had to settle for less than perfect on the polo dress and fur coat front, I looked the part for sure.

Unfortunately it seems that no one in Itaewon tonight had ever seen the film. I guess that's my own fault for choosing an indie film character from over a decade ago.

It was still fun walking around in the persona of someone else. I was sort of outside of myself. It was great.

We got ready and hung out for a while at the house of some Kiwis. We put on music, danced, did makeup, and ate amazing pizza (seriously, gives Sal's a run for it's money). When we were ready, we emerged onto Itaewon which was crawling with hundreds of thousands of people covered in various amounts of fake blood.

Ben kept jumping in the faces of little Korean women, waving his cheap syringe, screaming, "jugule!?". They squealed and giggled and it was funny almost every time.

Joanna and I ended the evening with a classy cocktail after the others left for Hongdae. It was a good night.

We made ghost lollipop puppets in drama club

Itaewon was packed.


No comments:

Post a Comment