Tuesday, December 9, 2014

08.12.14

Kids know how to make your day. Their innocence and trust is such a gift that falls away slowly with each inch they grow.

On the way home I bumped into a 4th grader and his little brother whom I'd met a couple of times before. The tiny boy, enveloped in clouds of green goose down jacket, spread his miniature arms, walked towards me and wrapped them around my legs.

It was such a beautiful act of childish naivete. He just did it without a cautious filter and it warmed my heart completely.

Then his big brother handed me some precious Christmas candy and we said "Merry Christmas" and the little one proudly announced, "Happy..." before trailing off.

Bit early for that, son.


I also got a hug from the boy in grey in this video. He's a bit of a rebellious one, so it was really touching to see his softer side. To be fair he was twerking moments after this video ended so I guess the exuberance just overflowed. A second after he'd flung his arms around my waist he realised what he'd done and quickly removed them. He's losing that innate kid-sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment