Wednesday, December 10, 2014

10.12.14

Lunchtime is a beautiful time. I've been relegated to the English library because it's too cold outside and my lunch is too smelly for the office. The first 10 minutes is pretty freezing in there. I sit huddled in front of the heater, warming my hands until they're ready to pick up a fork.

During this important ritual the door burst open and a grinning little third grader bounced into the room, asking many questions about my lunch hour. I tried to understand and answer in Korean as best I could before she stood in awe as I shovelled meat into my mouth.

Pretty soon she bounced herself away and I was left in peace. For 2 minutes.

In came the next lot. And then the next.

Lunch is no longer sacred.

My 2 besties. Mr Heater and Mrs Scarf.

I did this. I drank it. It was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment