Saturday, December 27, 2014

26.12.14

Isn't it great to be pleasantly surprised by just a fantastic day.

I wasn't expecting it to be lame or anything, but I thought it may have had awkward parts as I met up with a family from church back in NZ. They were visiting family here and I know their daughter well from leading her at Kid's Church, but beyond pleasantries I had never really talked to Sung or Sora.

It turned out to be fantastic. They're such interesting people! They talked so objectively about Korea and it was so nice to feel Kiwi vibes from them. Also, Joabelle impressed me so much. We did a lot of walking around old houses and the palace. She was such a trooper. Not a word of complaint. She was happy just to follow and listen to us talk most of the time.

She is the same age as my third graders but she's so much more mature. She wanted to know all about my students and my life here. It really was very sweet.

This guy sketched on the wall.
I love the walls in Bukcheon

Cutest















Christmas didn't end so well for one couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment