Saturday, January 24, 2015

24.01.15

I said my first goodbye today, to Michelle. She's so cool. We've actually only hung out a few times but she really is my unnie and it's so nice to have that relationship. It's such a special part of Korean culture and I was so happy when she used the word today.

Unnie means "big sister" because collectivism is the way of society and effectively everyone should be one big family. But it is also very special because it signifies a close bond between two people and a protectiveness. So it made my heart do a little warm thing when Michelle used it to describe herself.

Even though I hardly see her, it's just nice to know she's there and to send her texts in between our dates. I really will miss her and her informative tours of Seoul, gossip about the who's who of Korea, and insight into true Korean culture.

We went to an art gallery












No comments:

Post a Comment