Wednesday, February 18, 2015

18.02.15

We decided to go on a romantic sunset sail for our last night on Boracay. We had visions of coasting towards the sun, laying back and soaking up the last rays. It was to be absolute bliss.

Things didn't exactly go as planned, but it turned out to be the most hilarious 30 mins I've experienced in a while.

It started out with us nearly tipping the boat over because all of the heaviest among us sat on one side. The boat had a very thin part in the middle with the sails and the steering man, and then two wings with floater things that sat on the water. We perched in nets on the wings. The floater on one side was way up in the air and the other was submerged a decent amount.

After we sorted out the weight disparity, we were off. On my side we were having a good old yarn, commenting on the beautiful sun, when we picked up some speed and heard shrieks coming from the other wing. We looked across and saw that they'd been absolutely soaked because their wing kept dipping under the waves, causing them to be splashed mercilessly.

Not so peaceful after all! We laughed our heads off, especially on my side of the boat. That is, until we turned around and now the wind was coming from the other direction. It was our turn.

In a bid to save my phone, I sacrificed a shoe as I let go of it to pass my phone to the other side. I let go just as we smacked into the water and it carried it away. RIP.

I didn't mind though because I was laughing too hard.






No comments:

Post a Comment