Thursday, January 6, 2011

05.01.11

Sometimes life throws some crazy stuff at you. People are unpredictable and disappointing. Not always, but sometimes.
Life can feel like it's out of control, spinning around you and there's nowhere to focus.
In these times I like to take comfort because God is constant. He's solid and unchanging.
Chaos and turmoil may be all around, but he's there and because of that fact alone, it's going to be ok.

Psalm 55

12 If an enemy were insulting me,
I could endure it;
if a foe were rising against me,
I could hide.
13 But it is you, a man like myself,
my companion, my close friend,
14 with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship
at the house of God,
as we walked about
among the worshipers.

...

22 Cast your cares on the LORD
and he will sustain you;
he will never let
the righteous be shaken.
23 But you, God, will bring down the wicked
into the pit of decay;
the bloodthirsty and deceitful
will not live out half their days.

But as for me, I trust in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment