Tuesday, February 8, 2011

07.02.11

My mind has been blown. Quite literally. There's a goopy fluid coming out of my ears and I keep finding bits of brains on my clothing. It's gross really.

Because of my lack of functioning organ, I haven't been able to express myself properly since Sufjan Stevens walked onstage. Adorned with glowing tape, flashing lights, and shining glasses, he and the whole 11 piece band made some of the sweetest sounds known to man as they jumped and danced like mad things.

The arrangements were incredible. There were so many instruments, voices and effects but they all came together and blended. I don't know how it happened. The man is legend.

I don't want to ever listen to another song again. I feel like I just experienced something so pure that anything else will just taint it.

Sufjan has left me with the verbal capacity of a one year old. All I can do is open and shut my mouth, emitting slurred and incomprehensible sounds.

I'm surprised I can even type this.

2 comments:

  1. OH and I saw him!!!! Before the concert he was having dinner at the beach. IT WAS HIM.
    Spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUsss! SO spectacular! Amazing band. Amazing dude. Too much fun.

    ReplyDelete