Tuesday, February 12, 2013

12.02.13

I said a final goodbye to two friends today.

This morning I had a great breakfast with Esther in Takapuna. We talked about a whole lot of things. She's another old friend whom I love to see every now and again. She was wearing great coral pants. I always feel loved by her. She's got a way of warming you up. That sounds weird.

This afternoon I had a cup of tea and a little walk with Michelle. Every moment felt a little shrouded by the impending farewell. She's a good friend and I am going to miss her a whole lot. I'm so sad to be missing out on important moments in her life this coming year, but I know we'll remain close even if we are living apart.

Driving home was a bit melancholy and I came the closest to tears along this journey yet. A little part of what I'm about to do was hitting me. It was momentary though, as I suppressed it soon enough. I'm not quite ready to ride that wave of emotion quite yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment