Saturday, August 17, 2013

17.08.13

I really feel like I'm settling in. My friendships are cementing, and it feels nice to wander about "my" streets like I really know them.

Dinner with Nicole is always a lovely experience. Tonight we managed to talk for four hours! All about this, that, and the other. Some chatty fun talk about boys, and other stuff that matters. She's doing well to convince me to live in Scotland at some stage, apart from all the talk about getting beaten up for wearing football colours in the wrong area. That's a bit scary.

We were wandering around trying to find a place downtown, and found ourselves actually navigating our way through the web of streets! I remember the first time venturing out when we arrived and thinking I'd never know my way around. It's actually happening! It feels very nice.

This kid was an absolute nightmare for his mum, but he just wanted to lay down. The man did a good job of ignoring the kid who nestled his head into his bum.

No comments:

Post a Comment