Thursday, November 14, 2013

14.11.13

The trees are exchanging the glorious splendour of crimson and gold for crunchy browns. While it's certainly very satisfactory to hear one of these crisp leaves disintegrate beneath my foot (in fact, yesterday I encountered the best crunch of my life!), I can hardly appreciate it because my frozen toes distract me.

Walking home this afternoon I looked out over the once-green fields and thought about the changing seasons.

In some backwards way, it feels like the new has gone and the old has come.

The freshness of the air, bundles of clothing, dead plants, and permanently numb extremities remind me of March, when I first began walking the streets by the fields, wondering if they would ever turn green.

Surely enough they did. And now their season is over and it's time to let the ice have its turn.


No comments:

Post a Comment