Sunday, January 5, 2014

05.01.14

Why is it that only middle aged men want to talk to me on the subway? I want to make friends, not be hit on!

Anyway, it was a nice conversation. He saw my book, One Hundred Years Of Solitude and started asking me questions, saying he read it. I think I believe him. He said it's popular in Korea and asked me if I've ever been to "Portugese" [sic].

Then he said, "I think you've spent 25 years of solitude, yes?"

Wow. What a line. I laughed it off as I saw the doors close on my station.

We carried on talking as we got off at the next stop. He told me his favourite song was Solitary Man by Neil Diamond. This guy was strange.

But we parted at the ticket gate and I spent the long walk home wondering whether he rode the subway back and forth finding foreigners to chat to.

No comments:

Post a Comment