Friday, March 7, 2014

07.03.14

Week one is down! I didn't achieve that much and I thiiiink I'm ready to get in front of an actual class. I'm certainly sick of deskwarming in a full office. Last year I was by myself which meant all the Facebook and YouTube I wanted but now I've got people behind me so I feel too slack.

The professionalism might not last too long though!

Anyway, tonight I went to dinner with all the Seoul newbies and afterwards a few of us managed to get separated from the pack. I definitely wasn't too disappointed because we made our way to a cute bar in Hongdae and could actually talk to each other in coherent sentences. After a phone call to the others I was very pleased we didn't go with them. When we left the restaurant they'd already had a few too many shots of soju.

Anyway, it was great to hang out with Keke and Mariyah especially. I really like them. Here's hoping friendship ensues!

It was also cool to look at all the cliques forming and people mingling, wondering who will become their close friends for the next year or so. As I observed, I was so happy that I didn't feel like that at all. I'm so pleased that I don't have to do the whole refining my friend group process again. I know Keke and I are going to be solid, and I know I'm going to make good church friends quickly once I get settled. Times like these I love being Christian!

My stylish footwear was not warm enough after all. I ended up buying a pair of platform canvas shoes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment