Wednesday, March 12, 2014

12.03.14

I saw Michelle today! It's been a while. I love how Korean it is to hang out with her.

There is quite a difference between the way Westerners hang out and how Koreans do.

For starters, you always go for some sort of food with Koreans and then have a second round or 이차. It's a wonderful thing, really. 

There is always a lot of conversation too. It's the central part of hanging out. So there's long, drawn-out coffee shop lingering. You never only catch up for an hour or so. It takes most of the day. 

I love spending time with Michelle, so these things are all very positive. Sometimes with coworkers, however, there's awkward silences 30 minutes in and you're wondering how you'll last four more hours.

Thankfully tonight that was not the case and we laughed and chatted so much I didn't want to go home even though it was well past my bedtime. That's the ultimate compliment. I covet my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment