Wednesday, September 17, 2014

16.09.14

1. I'm grateful for the creativity of cooking. It's coming back to me now.I'm starting to really enjoy making good food again and it feels so right.

2. I'm so grateful for spontaneous childish minds. Today as I was walking to the office, I passed a little girl, sliding along the wall towards me. She had a scowl as she locked eyes with me so I scowled right back and she cracked a grin then promptly shot me with a finger gun as she slunk past me, eye contacting the entire time.
It was lunch time so I headed down the corridor, only to see my little assassin. Of course, I thought on my feet and shot her before she could get me. She tried to glare at me, but couldn't suppress the smile, tugging at the corners of her mouth.
I kept walking because I'm cool like that, but halfway down the hall I heard telltale little footsteps so I whipped around. She froze in her tracks but let out a shriek of delight. I turned around and walked further. She hid behind various objects as the game of James Bond continued. I even had a bathroom break in the middle.
It was the most terrifying thing actually, because I was in a very compromising position (if you've ever used a squatter, you know what I mean) if she happened to get really cheeky and pop her head under the door.
Thankfully she didn't and the game could go on for a few more minutes. She taught me a lot today about uncontainable joy that kids naturally possess. She didn't filter her emotions one bit.

3. I'm grateful for contagious little giggles like the one my gorgeous friend had today. It rang in my ears for hours and made me smile every time.
I bought these "limes" in Japan and was so excited about smuggling them into Korea. turns out they're just really sour mandarins or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment