Sunday, January 1, 2017

01.01.17

2016 was a great year. I learnt a lot, I discovered what I want to do with my life, I visited my other home, I made new friends, I became more comfortable in my own skin and I fell in love. But growth like that can also be hard. 

There were quite a few tears and moments I felt like I was in a train carriage, unlatched from the engine, barreling down the tracks to certain disaster. And while it's good to feel like that sometimes, my penchant for catastrophising the future meant I wasn't enjoying the thrill of the ride. 

When I first started One Remarkable Year, I believed that it would help people appreciate the small, beautiful moments in life which happen every day and are often overlooked. That was certainly my experience. 

So it is fitting that, along with my resolution to be less anxious this year, I am going to find and document one of these moments every day. I am going to wake up and decide to look for the good in that day. 

Today's moment happened at around 6pm when the golden sun was making the grass glow on the hills surrounding the Hewat's country home. I couldn't resist so I whipped out my towel and plonked myself down to read my book in the last warm rays. 

Right then I was very content to swap out the sandy beach of the last few days for the soft grass and rolling hills of the Waikato. 


No comments:

Post a Comment