Sunday, March 1, 2009

27.02.09

Synesthesia is a neurologically based phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.

In the wee hours of this morning I discovered that the association I draw in my brain between numbers, letters, words, days, months, etc. with a colour is called synesthesia. It's incredibly interesting.

For example, Wednesday is the colour yellow in my head, the number four is green, an m is brown and so on.

For all this time I just thought that everyone did it and anyone I came across who didn't understand was the exception.

It's so cool to think that something so obscure has a title.

Is there anyone else who does the same thing?

1 comment:

  1. That is strange and interesting. I'm not special enough for something that gangsta!

    ReplyDelete