Tuesday, November 16, 2010

15.11.10

There is so much value in chilling with people of a different age group.

I spend a lot of time with people younger than me. Kids teach me to always wonder at things in the universe, to have faith and to be able to laugh about almost everything. Youth teach me how broken this world is and how much God loves and cares for each of his children. They show me that it's not good enough just to talk about things, but we have to act on our convictions.

I don't spend enough time with people a lot older than myself. They are so wise and caring and they just want to have a conversation. It is also so easy. Many elderly people have had so many awkward conversations in their life they know how to keep dialogue rolling. If you tell them something, often they will remember it because they really do want to know how uni is going or what you're learning about with God. Many are prayer warriors and you can guarantee when they say they'll pray for you, they will. I am so grateful for Bob Rope, this man from church with a heart for kids' ministry who prays for me every day.

These thoughts sprang from having lunch with the Mainly Music team. They are a bunch of older ladies making a HUGE difference in the lives of a whole lot of mothers and toddlers from the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment