Tuesday, March 19, 2013

19.03.13

You guys! I finally got me some milk. You know what that means.. I'm in the cashmonay game again. My settlement allowance finally came through.

I also went on a very long post-lunch walk (that's a thing here) with the lovely older English teacher to this river. It was about an hour round-trip but it was cool to hear stories of her childhood and what Korea used to be like. It sounds like a tough time what with the food rations and the lack of jobs for women. Life turned out pretty good for her though I think.

As I was waiting to cross at the lights I heard a small, "Hello" from behind me. I turned around to see a little girl on a bicycle wearing all pink except for her light blue face mask. I smiled and got back to standing there. A minute later I heard another more gutsy, "Hi," so this time I asked how she was and what her name was. After some very cute answers the light went green so I said goodbye. She said a crispy, "See you later," and whizzed off on her bike with her family in tow. Nothing makes my day like cute little kids practicing their English on me.

It was also Taco Tuesday tonight at Dani's. I really enjoyed wandering around E-mart, purchasing stuff and commenting on all the different things to buy. We then went and ate a very yummy taco salad, drank wine, and talked about a myriad of things.

Not a bad day at all.

I got far too excited to see these suckas in the supermarket.

No comments:

Post a Comment