Thursday, April 11, 2013

11.04.13

I received my first care package today! It was full to the brim with Easter goodies. So much chocolate!!! There was also a beautiful rose headband and some cards, plus a gift from Debbie. I'm not opening that stuff until my birthday though. It'll be special.

I tried to use it as a reward for when I finished my lesson plans but that didn't work. I caved pretty quickly.

The bunny helped me get through so it was successful.

Another exciting thing happened today. I went to a baseball game with the students who stay in the dormitory. It was so much fun. It got a bit cold, but between innings we all jumped up and danced and cheered.

I also got to see the kids outside of school context which helps heaps with the getting to know them and being familiar.

I also think it is hilarious that the teachers brought beer along. Korea has many different rules. No hands in pockets, but a few beers is just fine!




Chicken for dinner.


Samsung Lions

Getting into it.

3 comments:

  1. what does it mean "no hands in pocket" ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh just that it's considered rude to put your hands in your pockets when you're teaching.

      Delete