Sunday, April 14, 2013

14.04.13

Recently I've gone on walks and had many chats with a certain teacher at school and I promised to visit her church. She and her husband picked me up and took me this morning. It was such a cool experience. Her church is very small. Only ten people were there, and they were all so lovely.

It was all in Korean, and apart from the word, "hallelujah" I didn't really understand anything. Despite the lack of numbers, the minister preached as if to hundreds. He seemed like a really wise man and I enjoyed the way he spoke.

Afterwards, it got a bit awkward as they set up for lunch and I was told not to do anything. But lunch was my fave, jeyuk bokkeum in my honour. It was freaking delicious.

I sat next to a girl my age and I think we made friends over movies and books. I want to go back so I can see her again.

Then the teacher came to my church. It was so different with the full band and general foreignness but I think she enjoyed it. She told me I make her happy and bought me cake from the bake sale so here's hoping it was a hit.
The cute church

Skype with Sarah this evening was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment