Wednesday, April 17, 2013

17.04.13

Today I did not wear weather appropriate clothing, but I looked cute.

I was expecting more of the same sunshine and heat today, but man I was wrong. It was absolutely freezing outside and I didn't have a coat at all!

Another great interaction happened today with one of my quieter students. I opened the office door to a petrified first grader who handed me a bag and said, "you...present." I took it from her and discovered it was full of maps and little cards. She told me it was for me to study about Korean culture and history. I said thanks so much and inquired further. I wanted to know if I had to give them back, and if they were from her or if she was just delivering them.

As I was asking, she went into a state of despair because she didn't understand me and threw herself against the shelves, head buried in her arm, making little welps. It was all very dramatic.

I wanted to end her suffering so I said thank you once again and let her escape out the door.

1 comment:

  1. This is so crazy! Why did she act like that? Did you get answers though?

    ReplyDelete