Saturday, April 20, 2013

20.04.13

Today I was meant to meet a real Korean for lunch! It didn't happen though because she was sick, but I did make plans to meet another girl next weekend. I'm gonna have so many photos with Koreans and you won't be able to tell me I'm no good at making friends!

I Skyped my grandparents this morning which was so lovely. A highlight was when Nana stuck her floral headband on Poppa and we all told him how lovely he looked.

Also, Lucy came and we went to meet Nicole at the cool subway station with the art gallery. I stupidly forgot my camera as per usual. I really like hanging out with those girls though. Scotland, Ireland, and NZ are a good mix.

We met everyone else and ate Indian food that was delicious. I had fake butter chicken. It wasn't butter chicken like I'm used to but it was yum.

I like it when it's someone's birthday. I feel like everyone has the common goal of making that person feel special. It's much more festive and cheerful than a usual hang out. There's something in the air.

On our search for a taxi we stumbled upon a whole lot of people setting up music equipment and sitting around tents. The road was blocked off and we thought maybe they were filming an indie music video.

Almost as cool, they were having a 2am Earth Day performance and sleeping a few hours in tents on the road. So weird.

This guy started shredding on a guitar, not very in time to the backing track and people were clicking away and grooving. One guy joined him onstage playing along on his umbrella. It was all very Korean!








No comments:

Post a Comment