Sunday, March 31, 2013

31.03.13

So many threes today. And I didn't even ask Lucy to say the date. What a wasted opportunity (she says tirty and tree).

We awoke to scrambled eggs and me, to a voice message from Lucy's friend, Fiona. She also has a great accent and we are going to be friends when she comes to Korea. I'm forcing it.

The main event for today was the Indian Holi Hai Festival on the beach. We got a paint packet and chucked the powder all over each other. It was great fun. We formed a circle as a lady taught us some dance moves. There was much smiling and festivity.

My favourite thing was finding a little craft market in the train station. I didn't think I'd ever see handmade things here. Not because an awesome art community doesn't exist, but because I lack the communication to find one.

That was the best surprise I've had yet I think. Some of the stuff was amazing and some quite similar to what you'd see back home, except with a flair of Korea.

A burger, donut, and cream-topped coffee also featured. I've eaten a lot of rubbish lately!

The Easter Bunny was staying in the hostel




The lady makes each miniature shoe out of rubber, felt, string, and glue. Must take a million years.

No comments:

Post a Comment