Tuesday, May 6, 2014

06.05.14

Lucy and I awoke to the realization that today is the last of our happy holiday so we rolled around on our floor bed for a good amount of time trying to change reality. We consumed the rest of our dried fruit and packed our bags.

Walking along the beach and saying goodby to the blue, blue ocean was a sad time but we got in line for the ferry begrudgingly.

In Tongyeong we were delighted to find spots on a bus bound for Daegu so we purchased tickets, ate lunch in the Emart foodcourt and then got in the line for the bus. Boy was it a line! They were putting on twice as many buses and two came and went before we got to the front of the line. We were doing the maths as the second one rolled up, but unfortunately it filled up just before us, so we were the very first on the next one, 45mins later. We just stood there watching the drivers having a laugh and a smoke across the carpark.

Back in Daegu I said farewell to Lucykins and hopped off to get a KTX ticket. Unsurprisingly they had all sold out until 10am the next morning. I had to work! So I rushed across to the bus terminal and snagged a 9pm ticket.

On the long journey home I sat next to a boy who kept falling asleep on me. I didn't know what to do so I just let him. I heard the guys in the seats across the aisle discussing it. They were arguing about whether I was aware of it happening so I just pretended to sleep and eventually I did.

I arrived back in Seoul at 12:15 and waited half an hour for a taxi. The queue was ridiculously long and cold. I got home and tumbled into bed around 1am. What a long day! But a good one.
Our murder room




Unfortunately he was not the boy next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment