Saturday, May 17, 2014

17.05.14

JAZZ FEST Day 1

Ohhhh boy, I had no idea how great this festival would be. I paid a lot of money for it, but I think it has been worth it already. I've seen some old favourites, and some newer ones. The nostalgia has been off the charts.

Highlights:

Kiha and the Faces played a ridiculously good set. The first half was a bit sleepy because it was acoustic, but it included my second favourite song. It's difficult to explain how it felt to hear a familiar song which I couldn't sing along to. I loved it in any case. Keke was getting keen to leave before they changed it up to a full band and Jang Kiha was doing all sorts of great dance moves. I made her stay until the very end because there was no way I was leaving without hearing my favourite song, which they did in the encore.

Craig David may have stole the show for me today. It wasn't so much about him exactly, but more the songs he was choosing to DJ. They were all so old school. Keke and I knew all the words and we danced like absolute loons. The boys behind us had a great time watching the crazy foreigners, especially during Crazy In Love and in Fill Me In. What a flashback to Off The Hook Vol.2. Best compilation album of my life.

Damien Rice gave him a run for his money though. We boosted over to mainstage to hear Cannonball and I'm so glad we were running because it was magical. That man has a gift. We were all under his spell as he told stories, acted out scenes, and sang with us. The time was up so he did Blower's Daughter acapella to finish. I've never in my life heard Seoul so silent. His voice was the only thing that existed in that moment.

I am really looking forward to day 2 tomorrow!





Phil, I took this photo for you. I think kazoos are a Korean thing.
All of these people on one train.

No comments:

Post a Comment