Sunday, July 27, 2014

26.07.14

I managed to oversleep 40 mins, completely Marilyn Munroe a poor man, and leave my food waste at home to fester in the heat this morning. 

But that's ok because I was on my way to Laos. 

I made it to the airport where a young boy kicked me, called me 'mum', and stuck his hand up my dress. The airplane ride felt long, but the seats were green and the blanket smelled like fabric softener. 

Flying above the clouds always makes me very happy. Today they looked like that filler stuff Dad used to stop up holes in the wall joinery. I imagined it was a fictional land which I could run across and slide down the cloud dunes. It looked like a lot of fun! 

It's so good to be with Dani again! We ate fresh pineapple on the side of the road as we walked to the COPE center. The museum was a little walk through the terrible history of Laos, but it ended with hope. Children are still getting limbs blown off from finding live bombs in the forest but thanks to COPE they can access free medical care and prosthetics. 

Some of the people's stories were incredible. They are so brave and they just get on with life the best they can manage.

All these wonderful books and I forgot to bring one with me.

Lao Airlines has green leather seats!




No comments:

Post a Comment