Monday, July 28, 2014

27.07.14

Lao reminds me a lot of Tonga. The people even look a bit similar. There is a major exception, though. The French left their stamp on the country after they colonized it. Some houses and storefronts have the shingled roofs and shuttered windows. It's really very quaint. 

It also means I had a croissant for breakfast and it was so legit. I savoured every mouthful. 

Today we caught a tuktuk to Buddha Park over the bumpiest road imaginable. I thought we wouldn't make it. But we did and it was a journey for the memory banks, definitely! The road surface was cratered like the moon and even the giant trucks were having a hard time, never mind our tiny makeshift tuktuk! I have so much respect for our driver for not getting us too stuck. That's some mega skill. We bought him a grilled banana as a thank you and he seemed happy enough.










No comments:

Post a Comment