Tuesday, July 29, 2014

28.07.14

Today I was running on 3hrs sleep because we ran into Dani's friend last night and had all kinds of adventures. I've rode on the back of a motorbike with two other people in the rain (sorry mum), seen the inside of a Laos club and then danced the night away at a bar owned by one of the guys in the group because the clubs close early due to the curfew. 

Going to bed when as the sun comes up isn't as exciting when you've got a 12hr bus ride ahead of you. 

However, I was feeling surprisingly chipper for the first ten hours. I loved watching the villagers go about life as we passed on through, especially as we got higher into the mountains. It was even ok in the dark for a while. I just imagined I was on a bumpy ride at a theme park. But those last two hours were a bit torturous. Whenever I dozed off, my head would drop suddenly. I bumped Dani's head once, and the window sill so hard that it gave me a bump and Dani woke up from the sound. 

We finally made it and tumbled into bed at 2:30am. Phew!
Dani, surprisingly chipper in the tuktuk.

Tasty snacks at a rest stop.

Rice paddys are my new favourite landscape.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment