Tuesday, August 12, 2014

11.08.14

Everything fell into place in the highly anticipated (by myself) Mythbusters Camp Day 1 and it feels really good.

I dreamed up the theme and activities myself and boy, they went down a treat! I guess if you offer 9-11 year old explosions and goo, you can't really do much wrong.

We clad ourselves in aprons and safety goggles, which added to the amusement as we dropped Mentos into Coke bottles and watched the fountain erupt before our eyes. I got a great action shot of a boy running from the scene and the girls watching in shock.

We also played with cornstarch and water, making a strange solution which was solid when we added pressure and liquid when left alone. We conducted a few trials to see if we could do things like punch it, put our hands in, run on it. We made a ball and then watched as it melted in our hands and dripped through our fingers.

I love that kind of thing, and thankfully the kids did too!






No comments:

Post a Comment