Friday, August 1, 2014

31.07.14

Elephants are truly majestic creatures. Today I rode on the back of a giant one and scrubbed it's neck. Whenever I got a certain part in the middle of it's head, the ears would start flapping against my legs which I took as a sign of pure joy. 

The elephants were in a special care facility because they had been very maltreated in logging camps around the country. The woman who started the center told us all about their previous lives, dragging huge trees through the forest for months at a time, being prodded and stabbed when they didn't have the strength to continue. Her passion was evident and it really did feel like a family organisation. 

I'm still in a state of awe at the magnificent creatures that allowed me to play with them. 

(I would also like to remember that tonight I went bowling in an unexpected turn of events and it was ridiculously fun.)










We also went to the big waterfalls and although they were dissapointingly brown, they were magnificently powerful.






\
 

No comments:

Post a Comment