Saturday, August 23, 2014

23.08.14

The kindness of strangers really does something to you. It puts you in the best of moods and gives you a gratituous grin (shameless alliteration, I know).

Mum and I were given a free bunch of the most amazing grapes today after I tried, in very broken Korean, to explain that even though buying 12 bunches for $7 was very cheap, we were travelling with backpacks so couldn't take them all. He just took them and have them to us free of charge. Serviceee. I think they were even better tasting because of it. 

Note to self: Do more kind, selfless things! 

Of course, the beautiful event happened as I showed mum around my old neighbourhood. She got to see my walk to school, and the local jaunts. We even walked past a few students. Only one braved a wave, but it was so cute it made up for the blank expressions of the rest. 

We hung out in Daegu some more and met some more lovely friends before heading home to Seoul on the KTX. 

Daegu, you've given me the fuzzies yet again.


The lovely hotel room



Felt weird to be standing outside my old apartment (especially when the current inhabitant may be inside).

School! So nostalge.


So, this giant road with 8 lanes plus the apartment buildings and shops are new.

My shoe man!

Freak! 
Nado.


Too much KTX fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment