Saturday, August 30, 2014

29.08.14

I said goodbye to Mum today. It was a sad farewell, but I know we'll be giving each other hugs in a few short months. It's been a wonderful couple of weeks and we've had so many adventures together. I am so grateful to have such a fun Mum. She was up for anything and embraced the Korean culture head-on. She conquered the subway system, ate different kinds of kimchi, and was a huge hit with my friends and coworkers.

I've never been more proud to introduce her as, "My mum".

At the airport I held her bags as she went for her last wee before the barriers. I joked about keeping her new handbag as I handed her things back. We hugged goodbye and I watched her give her passport to the man just as I realized I had almost succeeded in stealing her bag. I ran, desperately yelling her name. Luckily she heard me! Phew! Second goodbyes are less fun.

The last bingsu. it was a good one!
Friends!

Bowling with some pals.




Caught in the rain.

From Christine in America!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment