Sunday, February 1, 2015

01.02.15

I said goodbye to my wonderful church today. It was a really weird concoction of emotions as I was happily surprised to realise I knew so many people better than I had thought, but also terribly sad about leaving them.

I tracked down Pastor Dave and thanked him for his leadership and preaching. They have been consistently great every week and I know I've grown so much because of them. He prayed for me, which was really nice. I appreciated his time because he was chasing down his daughters and trying to see everyone else too.

I sort of wish I'd made more of an effort to connect with people at church. I was happy to slip in and out, only saying a few polite hellos, especially towards the end. I guess it was a defence mechanism to protect me from this feeling of sadness.

I don't look forward to next week's round of goodbyes in Daegu. I'm dreading them, in fact.
This guy is a Kpop star. No joke. He led worship.
 It was really, really good.

HOW DO I MAKE IT BIGGER!?

No comments:

Post a Comment