Friday, February 13, 2015

13.02.15

My emotions almost got the better of me today as I walked home from school. We had just had a delicious office lunch at the BBQ restaurant by school and I was completely laden with gifts, flowers, and cards from them all.

This was also Sue's last day at Majang Elementary so we said our goodbyes together and linked arms for support as we walked away from the others. I think we were a bit overcome because it felt so strange and a bit aimless, our wander over to the traffic lights. Sue started crying and I couldn't hold it in any longer. After a few chants of, "gwenchanah" (it's ok), we were able to pull ourselves together long enough to hug goodbye. 

I had to keep the chant going in my head all the way home though, because inside I was a mess.









No comments:

Post a Comment