Thursday, September 17, 2009

15.09.09

Tonight at Lifegroup a couple came to visit and share their wisdom. We were talking about what it really means to be a Christian, especially in our culture.
I loved just discussing current issues and learning about what they thought. Even though they are slightly older (a bit older than my parents) they were really contemporary, they understood where we are coming from. It was so great just to get some advice on how we can live out our faith.
Calling yourself a Christian is a HUGE responsibility. People already have preconceived notions about what the word means so you have to be careful how you use it.
I mean, it's bearing God's name. It's like having a different surname. Kind of. But yeah. You have to be so careful.
I think what it really boils down to is being able to say, like Paul, "follow my example as I follow the example of Christ."
How cool would it be to be able to say that and be confident in what you were saying.

1 comment: