Saturday, April 4, 2020

04.04.20

Sam and I have been blown away by all the people who have shown us love via message and even practical gifts.

To be honest, before all of this I felt pretty low - it seemed like all my interpersonal connections were becoming weaker as weeks slipped by without seeing friends, which was mainly my fault.

It was easy to feel forgotten or isolated (hah!).

It just took something bad happening to feel the support and love of so many people and it was overwhelming.

Some friends rallied together and dropped off a lovely message and some Countdown vouchers, another got my favourite coffee shipped to me as a treat, family started a rainy day fund in case we need it, and even the neighbour dropped off some freshly baked bread.

It's hard to feel alone when people do such kind, selfless things for you.

I've learnt the power of actions as well as words and I will definitely pay it forward one day when someone needs something that I can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment