Tuesday, May 14, 2013

14.05.13

One of the 2nd Grade speaking test questions is, "What would your ideal girlfriend/boyfriend be like?" While the answers are always interesting, today I felt like the whole question was a mistake when two boys started answering with cheeky smiles on their faces.

"Umm, she has golden hair... Big eyes ..."

Uh oh. I couldn't help my blushing when I said, "No, no, no. Someone else!"

That stumped them. They had no other answer. They weren't getting any more points for flattery!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a similar note, my day was amazing because a certain very cute maths teacher sat next to me at lunch. He's the only young teacher at the school and he has the best glasses.

When he and another teacher approached, I mindlessly moved over so he could sit down. I didn't see the spare seat at the end of the table until it was too late and now it looked like I wanted him to sit next to me. Which was entirely the truth, but I blushed bright red when the other teachers started making "Oooohing" noises. Unfortunately I also broke the other chair as I went to pull it out, making the whole debacle even more embarrassing.

The redness continued for a while into the introductions, with my co-teacher looking between us smugly. Even the embarrassment didn't dampen my mood. The other teacher was hilarious and although he spoke Korean, I got the gist of the jokes. I made them all laugh too a few times through translation! Maths teacher is even cuter when he's laughing. Good golly!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school I had a date with Rebekah, my co-teacher. We ate delicious 손칼국수, a sesame noodle soup that was kind of like creamy pasta. It came with the best kimchi I have ever tasted. It was at the perfect stage of fermentation.

After that we went shopping. I found so many lovely things that were totally buyable. Maybe after I get paid I'll go back there.

Then we watched the cutest Korean movie. It was so quirky. I cried about three times. Tears rolling down my cheeks despite the language barrier. I am amazed at how a film can portray meaning without words. They are incredible things.

What a lovely day!



No comments:

Post a Comment