Wednesday, July 24, 2013

23.07.13

Sneaking out of school feels so terrible that I'm not sure it's worth it. I feel like I'm escaping from jail, especially because half of the carpark is cordoned off to prevent it.

No other teachers leave for lunch, although there are only a handful at school.

I will not be bound to my desk though! Not when delicious food and iced beverages are mere meters away. And Dani's company as we tick off restaurants and dishes in our neighbourhood we've been meaning to try.

The walking out of school is far easier than walking back in, hoping that lunch is over and everyone is inside away from the windows. Today I was stopped by the gatekeeper, an elderly man who beckoned me over.

He said something about lunch and then pointed at the cafeteria. I said "no", hoping he asked me if I ate at school. He then went on to say something else until he registered my confused face. He broke into a grin and waved me inside. I take that as certainly not permission, but a kind of "stuff it, she can't understand anyway" attitude to me leaving.

I guess I can't even get into that much trouble anyway because I won't understand when they tell me off.

I made this scroggin for school and it's so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment