Tuesday, October 22, 2013

22.10.13

Sweet potato gnocchi night had finally arrived! I was feeling pretty flat after school so, although I'd been anticipating our cooking adventure, I wasn't as excited as I could have been on my way to Emart to meet Dani, Michael, and Luke.

It turns out that the good company, food, and wine really energized me. We were cooking for what seemed like forever, perfecting the little pieces of pasta with utmost care, and catching them as they bobbed to the surface of the water. All the while we talked and talked.

Dani and Luke had never hung out with Michael, who is a Kiwi I met on the subway a couple of months ago (crazy coincidence!), so I invited him along. I sent Dani a text asking if I could and told her the boys can talk about their muscles, so the whole time we were waiting for the topic to arise. It took much longer than expected. We were almost ready to eat before they started on gym experiences. Of course, then we watched a video and discussed protein powder. It was actually great fun.

I can't wait until next time. It'll be a Whole30 challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment