Sunday, October 27, 2013

26.10.13

I have never seen so many people in one place as I did tonight on Gwangalli beach for the Busan Firework Festival.

Usually I'm pretty good at getting where I want to go, no matter who I have to shove out of my way, but tonight there was a wall of people that couldn't budge if they wanted to. I tried to go around them and venture out into the sea of picnic blankets but I only made it a few steps before realizing that it was fruitless. People were yelling at me in Korean from every direction. The man behind me started screaming, "GO BACK!" and waving me back to my friends while laughing at my predicament. I had to laugh too because the ahjumma in front of me wouldn't let me walk back.

I was an island and a complete spectacle. Those ahjummas are terrifying. A couple of them accosted a man as he bravely sprinted over the blankets. One of them had his leg and the other removed his shoe and started hitting him with it. It really was a sight!

The fireworks were incredible once we found a spot. They went on for an hour nonstop and would have probably cost billions of dollars.




These girls are great!



I found a Kiwi bar!



No comments:

Post a Comment