Monday, December 23, 2013

23.12.13

I was walking to Emart after school and one of my students joined me. He's the one with loads of character that complained last Friday of his lack of girlfriend.

I made the mistake of asking how he was and he unleashed another torrent of misery. "I have been lonely since I was in my mother's womb," he whined. I couldn't help but smile at his dramatics. He told me he was going to be alone forever because he's not going to go to the clubs when he's an adult. "They are full of people with evil minds," he told me.

I reassured him that he didn't have to go clubbing to find someone, then he was even more upset because girls at university only care about the wealth and status of their prospective boyfriends. I couldn't help him there. I know many girls, especially in Korea do consider those things as most important for their own future security.

It turns out the beautiful Dutch princess he had been contacting was no longer reachable. On Saturday her email account stopped working. Poor boy is very depressed about it all. Not at all in the Christmas spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment