Wednesday, December 31, 2014

31.12.14

What a way to end the year!

It started with a friend request from Ki Hong, and then a message from Ki Jung. It was so good to be in touch again and hear all about their lives! They seem so genuine and really lovely. I'm so, so pleased to have that contact again.

I have Rikus and his makgeolli to thank for it, too. If it wasn't for his sloppy messages to Ki Hong's Facebook page he'd never have found me.

But that wasn't all, because the whole day was building up to the much anticipated Y2K New Years party. And it was a great one!

People arrived before we were ready, I burned the popcorn, the balloons were near impossible to blow up, and we were just generally in a frantic rush up until go-time. But it all came together and it was a blast.

All the guests were New Philly church people and I knew most of them already from other things. I also had my friend-family at the core so it was great. I made some new friends, danced the night away, and had a lovely time.











No comments:

Post a Comment