Monday, October 25, 2010

22.10.10

Amy and I found ourselves sitting on a huge rock overlooking Tawharanui beach and the ocean. We just sat and contemplated.
At first we chatted a bit and made noises to show we were taking in the scenery but then we fell silent.
The silence went for ages. Maybe half an hour.
Words were too much and not enough.
I was imagining that we were in a scene from a film which starts with a shot of us on our rock and then zooms out and out and out all the way until the Earth is just a speck on the screen. I was thinking just how small and insignificant we really are.
Looking at the vast ocean can give you that impression.
After a while we got chilly.
She said we should pray and we did.

I love that we can just pray together whenever. I have got so much appreciation for her.

2 comments:

  1. oh nice!
    except i never get the call up to pray with you. unfair..>!>!>!>!>>!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to walk with me TWICE (or three times?) instead!

    ReplyDelete