Saturday, October 30, 2010

28.10.10

Tonight I went to Primal with Janet. It made me really appreciate my own church.

I used to go to Bays Primal and I loved it. I think it was really good for me to experience other churches which focus on the Holy Spirit more, especially in my mid-teens. I used to get annoyed with my own church for not being more like that, but tonight I realised again that Northcross is great.

We may be a bit scared of supernatural things sometimes but I think that's better than the other way around. There's too much risk of getting into murky doctrine and people pleasing.

I hope we never give into hype.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Miss Ward. What is the meaning of:

    "We may be a bit scared of supernatural things sometimes but I think that's better than the other way around. There's too much risk of getting into murky doctrine and people pleasing.

    I hope we never give into hype."

    kthxbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miss Stiff,

    My church is more conservative which means we don't practice things like speaking in tongues, we don't have healing meetings etc.

    Churches which do practice those things seem to sometimes put too much emphasis on the outside. It can be easy to act like a Christian but not really have the whole heart change.

    This can lead to church being about a 'feeling' where people just go to church because of the high they get from the lights at the worship time or the guy up the front telling them what they want to hear instead of what the bible says.

    I'm not trying to criticise certain churches but I have seen it happen before.

    I just really want my church to stay genuine and real to what it means to follow Jesus.

    I hope that clarifies a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I see. Yep that makes more sense now, thanks for explaining. And yes I read your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete